one·n·ten is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to serving and assisting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth ages 11-24. Their mission is to enhance young LGBTQ lives by providing empowering social and service programs that promote self-expression, self-acceptance, leadership development, and healthy life choices.
one·n·ten envisions a world where all LGBTQ youth and young adults are embraced for who they are, actively engaged in their communities, and empowered to lead. The organization works toward that vision with an abundance of programs designed for LGBTQ youth and young adults.
Promise Of a New Day (POND) Housing and Workforce Programs
Housing and Navigation Services—for LGBTQ+ and allied folks ages 18-24 who are at risk for or are currently experiencing homelessness. Services include:
- Housing solutions through the POND rapid rehousing program
- Referrals to shelters and housing programs that may be welcoming to LGBTQ+ youth
- Referrals for mental health care and medical services
- Referrals to homeless court to help resolve legal issues
Workforce Navigation—one·n·ten’s POND workforce program helps LGBTQ+ and allied youth ages 16-24 build skills and gain the confidence to join the workforce and maintain employment. Programs include:
- CareerQUEER—a six week course that includes topics such as resume writing and interviewing skills
- Meet the Employer Events—where LGBTQ+ youth can meet with companies that celebrate and value the unique identities of their LGBTQ+ employees
- Drop in Programs—usually focused on a single topic, such as job search, communications skills, or financial literacy
- Company Site Visits—outings to employer sites to learn about career opportunities in a variety of fields
Health and Wellness Programs
Wellness programming at one·n·ten is designed to educate, empower, and help LGBTQ+ youth shine even brighter.
SexFYI!—a monthly sexual health program offered in two tracks: one for youths ages 14-17, and one for young adults ages 18-24. The program is designed to be inclusive of their body, gender identity and sexual orientation. Examples of topics include:
- Safe, healthy relationships and dating
- Consent/negotiation/refusal skills
- How to navigate relationships as a trans or non-binary person
- Sexting, social media and internet safety
- Intimacy without sex and sex readiness
Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Wellness—a monthly program offering various gender affirming topics such as:
- Pronoun support
- Hormones 101
- Gender affirming surgery 101
- How to bind or tuck safely
- How to choose an LGBTQ affirming provider or counselor
one·n·ten values LGBTQ youth and young adults as individuals that benefit from well-rounded selfcare. Other programs offered range from suicide prevention and self-empowerment classes to social emotional learning, nutrition, and mindfulness meditation.
Identity Based Programming
one·n·ten recognizes the importance of providing population-specific spaces so youths can build community with people who share their lived experiences. Identity specific groups offer safe spaces where youths can connect in an environment built specifically for them.
Queer of Color(COC)—provides a safe space for young, LGBTQ people of color (POC) to build connections based on lived experiences.
Trans and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC)—provides a safe space for transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming and questioning youth to connect and built community.
Neurodiversity—provides a safe space for those living at the intersection of the queer and neurodivergent communities. Includes those who live with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other neurodivergent conditions. No official diagnosis is necessary to join.
This program helps LGBTQ+ youth develop leadership skills, work in collaborative ways, and develop a strong sense of self and community. Outdoor trips may include rock climbing, backpacking, survival skills training or other outdoor group activities. No outdoor experience is necessary.
Coffee for a Cause
In support of one·n·ten, February’s #coffeeforacause is #LoveWins, our medium roast from Guatemala with notes of dark chocolate, bright fruit, and butterscotch. When you buy #LoveWins coffee during the month of February, a portion of the proceeds will be donated directly to one·n·ten!
To learn more about one·n·ten, find out how you can get involved, or donate directly to the cause, visit their website and make sure to follow them on social media!